Frankly speaking! No matter how badly you are carving for this if you don’t have proper direction all your hard work is as wasteful as shit.
It is not going to affect whether you are a book worm or a fun freak, a beginner or an experienced competition attempt giver.
All you need is a strong goodwill and a smart plan. Now focusing on Civil Services Exam Cycle, which has three stages – Prelims, Mains and Interview, which normally has a predicted schedule like August (for Preliminary exams), Nov/Dec (for Mains examination) and March/April (for Interviews/personality test).
When to start the prelims preparation?
Well, if your goal is to crack it anyhow you need at least seven months for perfect preparation. In case, If you are appearing immediately after graduation, then don’t waste time, and just start your preparation after your final exam. For those who are going to prepare for it while working, you need more time so handle it with care or else end up with the mess.
Time line –
8-10 month preperation for Prelims cum mains (last 3-4 month must be dedicated for prelims ) another 4 month dedicated for mains (time period between the prelims & mains)
Target 2019 –
- Start preperaing around in the month of July- August, dedicated study till november in the mode of Prelims Cum mains thereafter dedicated study of prelims till end of the May -2019
- After prelims dedicated study for the Mains almost you have 90-100 days.
- After writing mains start preperation for the Interview, it will be held in March 2019 .
How to start preparation?
if you have joined some coaching then follow their guideline but if you believe in self-study of IAS then follow this belief religiously.
We suggest to follow this-
How to select the optional subject?
This is a very important decision, So don’t take this decision at the beginning. First start preparing for GS and then after some time take this decision. This will help you to determine your inclination to a particular subject. Every subject has its own demand (i.e. thinking pattern, writing style, presentation techniques etc). Your personality should be according to it.
- Interest and understanding in the subject.
- Read the syllabus and previous years’ question papers.
- Writing style and presentation techniques.
- Availability of study material
- Availability of guidance
- Weightage of optional in GS
- Apart from this, some give importance to the length of the syllabus, so decide carefully.
Note- For other Queries writeup will be updated soon.